2023 COLUMBIA COUNTY OPEN OFFICES
The county auditor is the ex-officio supervisor of all primary, general, and special elections for all federal, state, county, city, town, school, fire, and special purpose districts within Columbia County. Currently, Columbia County has 13 precincts with 2,738 registered voters.
The responsibilities of the Elections Department consist of the following:
- Administering the voting center
- Counting ballots
- Designing ballots
- Engaging in media relations
- Maintaining and processing all new voter registrations
- Maintaining voter precincts
- Performing registration activities
- Processing candidate filings
- Selecting and training election workers
As information on a voter changes, all voter registration files must be updated.
Columbia County is currently all vote-by-mail.
Ballots may be returned by mail or by drop box. Prepaid return envelopes have been provided for voters who wish to return their ballots by mail. Ballots must be postmarked no later than election day so voters are encouraged to mail their ballots back at least two days prior to election day.
For More Information
Contact the Elections Department at (509) 382-4541 or email email@example.com