Click to Home
Go To Search
Emergency Alert
Columbia County
341 E. Main St.
Dayton, WA 99328

I know who the father of my child is. How do I get him to pay support?
A man cannot be legally obligated to make support payments until the father-child relationship is established by the signing and filing of a Paternity Affidavit or the entry of a Superior Court Order establishing paternity. A man is also the presumed the father of any child born during the marriage of he and the mother.

Once a man has been legally established as the father of a child, a support order can be requested either administratively or through the courts. Contact the Division of Child Support (DCS) or call 1-800-442-KIDS (1-800-442-5437) for information about establishing a child support order and/or establishing paternity for your child.
Division of Child Support

Prosecutors - Child Support

Show All Answers

1. I want to know if he is (or if I am) the father. Can the Prosecuting Attorney's Office help me answer that question?
2. The father of my child is deceased. Can I still get paternity established?
3. I know who the father of my child is. How do I get him to pay support?
4. What is, or why am I a "presumed" father?
5. What is a Paternity Affidavit?
6. My name is on the child's birth certificate. How can I get a paternity test to see if I am really the father?
7. Will the Prosecuting Attorney's Office do a paternity test for me?
8. How long does it take to get test results?

Home Contact Us Sitemap Accessibility Copyright Notice Powered by CivicPlus