The county auditor is the ex-officio supervisor of all primary, general, and special elections
for all federal, state, county, city, town, school, fire, and special purpose districts within
Columbia County. Currently, Columbia County has 13 precincts with 2,562 registered voters.
The responsibilities of the Elections Department consist of the following:
• Administering the voting center
• Counting ballots
• Designing ballots
• Engaging in media relations
• Maintaining and processing all new voter registrations
• Maintaining voter precincts
• Performing registration activities
• Processing candidate filings
• Selecting and training election workers
As information on a voter changes, all voter registration files must be updated.
Columbia County is currently all vote-by-mail.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact the Elections Department at (509) 382-4541.