Public Works Director
500 S Cottonwood
PO Box 5
Ph: (509) 382-3995
Ph: (509) 382-2534
Fx: (509) 382-4724
Tuesday & Thursday
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Columbia County Transfer Station
Fire related construction
Columbia County is pleased to announce the selection of the bid option to rebuild the Transfer Station with construction commencing on August 15, 2016 with an anticipated completion date of October 31, 2016. General Contractor for the project will be POW Contracting of Pasco, Washington.
During the construction project the Transfer Station will remain open for business with regular hours of Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am to 4 pm and Saturday from 8 am to 4 pm.
Moderate risk and household hazardous waste will not be accepted during the construction operation; residents can dispose of these items at Sudbury Landfill in Walla Walla. All other recycling will continue to be available during construction; however the cardboard compactor will be out of service.
During this time we ask the public to use caution when entering the facility and stay within the marked areas.
Questions or concerns may be directed to the Public Works Director/County Engineer Andrew Woods P.E. at 509-382-2534.
- Location: 500 South Cottonwood Street
- Hours: Tuesday, and Thursday 9 am to 4 pm and Saturday from 8 am to 4 pm.
Closed on holidays.
- Accepting appliances, tires, oil, paint, paper, glass, aluminum, and cardboard.
Green waste items should be not larger around than a soda can and in manageable lengths.
Dayton Recycling - Self Serve Locations:
- Dingle’s of Dayton parking lot at Main and North First: accepting newspaper, mixed paper, glass, and cardboard
Starbuck Recycling - Main Street:
- Newspaper, mixed paper, cardboard and glass